Monday 7 December 2015

Holidays


My favorite holiday in Chile is the Independence Day (September 18th and 19th) because you can celebrate two days depending on the days in the week. If the party starts on Thursday you can celebrate 4 days, including on weekend! I enjoy eating "empanadas" or "anticuchos",  dancing "cueca", and elevating kites. Normally, people gather with the family and prepare barbecue. Some of them go to  "Fondas", a place where you can dance, drink wine or "chicha" (a sweet drink). All houses put the national flag; if not you have a penalty. I love these days because everybody is happy.




5 comments:

  1. that kind of celebrations keep you in touch with your country values and society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's truth. I hope you can go some day to my country

      Delete
  2. Are they dancing with their family??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course everybody dance "cueca" and other kinds of music too

      Delete
  3. I think independence day holidays are usually the most exciting in each country. I'm glad ours is in the middle of summer (July 1).

    Corrections:
    ..., including on the weekend!

    All houses put up/fly the national flag; if you don't, you face a penalty.

    ReplyDelete